Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Home phone, tapped, after raid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGee

Hi, I recently wrote about my home being raided on 6/3/09. Today, I found out my home phone was bugged/tapped. My question is if in the raid nothing was found, and no charges were brought against anyone, where did the necessity to bug the phone come in, and is it legal?

Hi, I recently wrote about my home being raided on 6/3/09. Today, I found out my home phone was bugged/tapped. My question is if in the raid nothing was found, and no charges were brought against anyone, where did the necessity to bug the phone come in, and is it legal?

I think you meant 03 JUN 10, not 2009, right?

Anyway, wire taping is a separate issue.

They have to get a warrant to wiretap someone's home.

Those warrants are very hard to obtain.

The fact that they had a tap on your line, means they were watching someone in your home.

You need a lawyer, ASAP.

You have no idea what they found or have.

If I were you, I'd expect indictments to follow.

If this was the evil work of the "feds", (probably DEA) superseding indictments are on the way!!!!

Bottom line, you are in their sights.

You need to STOP talking.

You can't be helped here.

This is big, and gonna be very nasty for someone.

Everyone should lawyer up, ASAP!!!!

One more thing!

If they tapped your home telephone,
they've got warrants for your cellphones,
and your internet communications.

Everyone needs to get lawyers, ASAP!

Uh ... question ... how do you know they tapped your phone?

Thank you, and I did mean 6/23/09. That's when my apartment was raided and they were looking for drugs to distribute and a silver handled gun. In that situation my daughter my son and myself were taken to the station house we weren't charged because they didn't find anything. On 6/3/10 they arrested my daughter and my son later that day.My daughter's lawyer confirmed the house phone was tapped. We had an idea, because the phone was clicking everytime a caall was made or received. The indictment is already in play.

It is legal if they have a warrant, which they most likely do.

They would have had to go to a judge with whatever information they already had and convince the judge that there was enough probable cause to issue a search warrant.

Okay. If the lawyer had it confirmed through police or court records, I guess it is true. The reason I asked is that there a good number of people that believe their phones, homes, cars, and lives are under surveillance when they are not. I did not know what we were dealing with here.

And, like the others, I agree that it is highly likely they had a warrant. If they did NOT have a warrant, it is unlikely they would ever admit to any recordings ... which, apparently, they did. However, I suspect the phone has not been tapped for a year because unless this is some sort of federal RICO investigation, most such wiretapping warrants are not going to be permitted to go that long. But, there are rare exceptions.

Your kids had best remain quiet and hire an attorney. if they have wiretaps, they likely have a lot of evidence here. Their attorney can evaluate the case against them and determine if a plea deal is in their best interest or if there is a potential weakness in the state's case that can be exploited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back