Home inspection before visitations granted

Craig68w

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I am the father of an 18 month daughter with a stomach tube. She was born 4 months early due to marijuana use from the mother. A month ago I grew sick of how my daughter was treated by her mother. She still smoked marijuana around her. Screamed at her and hit her. I went to dcs and told the mother she had to leave. I found out she was lying about appointments and my daughters was behind on shots. Dcs is doing a close stating the father is proven responsible and mother is guilty of neglect. That being said we have agreed to the mother getting her every other weekend since she now has a job and is getting therapy. We are looking into a mediator for that now. My daughters mother informed me today since moving out 5 family members have asked her to smoke meth with them. She has declined but it worries me that one of the people lives in the same home as her. She has told me this same person molested her when she was a child as well. She says they are making him move out but I want to know for sure. Is there a way I can go about a home inspection and making sure that he has really moved out before I have to send my daughter to this home?

You can report the conversation to DCS.

You should suggest that DCS withhold the decision until the child molester and drug abuser is no longer in the home.

Heck, you might even request she first secure her own home before overnight visits are allowed.

In the interim, I'd request she only be allowed to have SUPERVISED visits monitored by a social worker.

You can report the conversation to DCS.

You should suggest that DCS withhold the decision until the child molester and drug abuser is no longer in the home.

Heck, you might even request she first secure her own home before overnight visits are allowed.

In the interim, I'd request she only be allowed to have SUPERVISED visits monitored by a social worker.

DCS has not helped much at all. They insist that since she is with me that she is not in danger so they are closing it and I am fully responsible for everything after the close. The case worker has been an absolute nightmare. He refuses to do anything but close the case.

DCS has not helped much at all. They insist that since she is with me that she is not in danger so they are closing it and I am fully responsible for everything after the close. The case worker has been an absolute nightmare. He refuses to do anything but close the case.

You might wish to see a lawyer, or ask to speak to a DCS supervisor or manager.

You can also ask your state representative or state senator for assistance.

Does the mother have court ordered visitation rights? If not then you don't have to send your daughter there.

Back