Hit and run on a parked car

Cmorton5

Jurisdiction
Indiana
So a few days before Christmas i was accused of hitting a family members car. After getting a call I drove back and talked to this person about what happened and a week later I get a letter from the Police Department about me being in a hit and run. Why should I do next??..

So a few days before Christmas i was accused of hitting a family members car. After getting a call I drove back and talked to this person about what happened and a week later I get a letter from the Police Department about me being in a hit and run. Why should I do next??..

Most people would contact the police department and makeout a vehicle collision report.

After that's been done, the average Judy contacts her insurance company to report the incident involving her automobile.

However, you are in a dark, desperate place, mate.

H & R ain't those tax guys, mate.

You need to talk to a couple lawyers about how best you can defend yourself.

When you go to court, you plead not guilty, and ask the judge if you qualify for a public defender.

If it doesn't or you don't, hire an attorney.

Stop explaining, excusing, or even mentioning the INCIDENT.

Whatever you do from this point forward, do it an attorney (YOUR ATTORNEY) advising you.

If you're convicted of H & R, you'll lose your drivers license, and your insurance rates could treble in price.

Back