Hired under false pretenses and then fired

Flm1002

Jurisdiction
New York
Hi,

I was looking for a better opportunity and was offered a position with a company that I thought and would have only accepted if it was a long term position.

I was never told that they had intentions of being let go after the construction projects were to be completed as I was not hired or looking for contract work. I left a great company for what I thought would be a better opportunity.

I was never even given an offer letter probably because they were that afraid of ever showing any evidence of long term hire.

Do I have any recourse here? This really put a dent in my life as I was only there for 6 months.

Well in that case, I hope all the construction falls apart and it costs him hundreds of thousands of dollars (that is where it hurts most, $$)

Yeah, I know. I've wished stuff like that on several employers during my working life. Never happened.

My satisfaction came on August 3 2006 when I looked my PITA boss in the eye and said "I'm retiring effective the end of the month." The look on her face was priceless and a feeling of euphoria came over me.

I hope one day you will have that experience.

Yeah, I know. I've wished stuff like that on several employers during my working life. Never happened.

My satisfaction came on August 3 2006 when I looked my PITA boss in the eye and said "I'm retiring effective the end of the month." The look on her face was priceless and a feeling of euphoria came over me.

I hope one day you will have that experience.

Retirement is the best thing that ever happened to me, besides the monthly payouts.

Back