Hired and let go before I even started

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelast1

I applied for a position a month ago with hallmark as a retail merchandiser. I currently work as a part time and this position fitted into my schedule. I got an email two days later saying, the position had been filled and would I like to stay on their list. I stayed on the list.
I got a call from human resources asking me the other day if I would like to accept the position. I have a vacation booked for Jan. so I asked if that would be a problem, and was told no. So I accepted the job offer, received a confirm email, printed out all the paper work etc. I received a call today from HR stating the supervisor did not think I would be a good candidate since I am already taking days off before even starting the position. I was shock. She said she was sorry. So the job was taken away from me because I have a vacation planned, that I can not cancel. After telling me it would not be a problem since it was after the holidays. I can not believe it. Is there anything legal I can do, since I was hired already with them knowing about the vacation?

Nothing at all. They are not obligated to hire you and the reason they used is not one that is prohibited by law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back