hippa

kdb2009

Can a newspaper or reporter take pictures of me on a stretcher coming off the life force hellicopter and in the emergency trauma unit without mine or a family members permission I had a bad car wreck

Pretty sure they can, and print them, too. If you'd rather those photos not be printed, then I'd be calling the news organizations and telling them.

Can a newspaper or reporter take pictures of me on a stretcher coming off the life force hellicopter and in the emergency trauma unit without mine or a family members permission I had a bad car wreck

If you're making news, not much you can do to prevent that news from being disseminated.

HIPAA (not HIPPA) is a very widely misunderstood law. It does not apply to everyone; it applies to doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, health insurance carriers and the like. Depending on how your health insurance is funded, it may or may not also apply to your employer.

It does not apply to the public in general. Specifically, it does not apply to news agencies.

Yes. It happens all the time. The media are not medical providers and not subject to HIPAA laws.

That is what newspapers & reporters do - not a violation of HIPAA.

Back