Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellahannah94

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Hi my names hannah I'm 22 year old my parents are getting divorced I'm all for it because my mom hated all three of her kids and my dad she was abusive and cause much harm my whole life. But she's lying to her lawyer playing a victum. She damanding a bunch of spousal support from my dad who isn't well and me my dad my brother and my daughter who is 5 all live in the same house I don't feel like she derserves any money but she's asking so much to comply we basically couldn't afford to live. My question is can I even though I'm over 18 testify as a witness for my parents divorce I just want to be heard and so do my siblings who are also over 18. I believe our case is good but risking having a judge not listen or not being able to speak at all I believe could be awful for my whole family.

My question is can I even though I'm over 18 testify as a witness for my parents divorce I just want to be heard and so do my siblings who are also over 18. I believe our case is good but risking having a judge not listen or not being able to speak at all I believe could be awful for my whole family.

You have two options.
You can offer your father to testify on his behalf.
Know this, you have NO right to be a witness, but could be one if your dad's attorney believes you to be of benefit to his client's case.

Your other option is to be in the courtroom and ask the judge if you can be heard as a "friend of the court".
It is up to the judge if you'll be allowed to be heard.
Again, you have no right to be heard, but the judge has the ability to allow you to be heard.
If you are allowed to be heard, you can quickly be silenced upon objection of either attorney, should the judge choose to accept the objection.
The judge can simply silence you, tell you to step down, and that ends your ability to speak.

All of what I offered you above is discretionary, and probably has a 20-30% of actually occurring.

Your parents' divorce action doesn't involve others.
It is THEIR action, and often others aren't allowed to intrude.

If one day you are in a divorce action, outsiders and interlopers probably wouldn't be allowed to interfere, even though legal mechanisms allow such interventions.

The choice to allow such interventions is entirely discretionary and solely within the purview of the presiding jurist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back