Help with Paypal? Am I a victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeo

Hello,

I made a purchase without ebay, just through paypal. I sold an item for 350 and sent it to the address the day after recieving payment. The estimate in time was 10 days, but it still hasnt arrived a few weeks later. The buyer is working with me as I talk to the USPS who I sent it with. The buyer didn't opt for insurance or tracking, so its just a parcel post job. What can paypal do to me if a dispute is filed, and how can they get the money? do they have access to my checking accounts? I have a feeling the buyer recieved it and is trying to get more out of me!
thanks in advance,
joe.

well if you sent it without tracking, you have no proof it was sent. Generally during a dispute, paypal will refund that persons money.

Why would you send something of that value with no tracking?

From my experience, part of Paypal's "investigation" is the seller providing a tracking # and the buyer signing for it. Without either, I don't know what else to tell you.

Here is the response to my claim when a scammer shipped me a box of trash for $400. Because the scammer had a tracking # and someone signed for it, Paypal rule that the scammer earned the $400. Even when on the phone with USPS to confirm signature, Paypal wouldn't even bother looking into whether the weight of the shipped item corresponded to the item purchased, which was 1 lb less, before consideration of shipment materials.

>> Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. >>

Last edited:
On ebay I was also scammed into bidding on an auction to "win a prize". I was smart and set up my paypal on my credit card so I could always dispute the charges with my credit company if I was scammed. Paypals rules are if you dispute something and the seller doesnt respond to the dispute within I think 20-30 days you will get the money back. I also think that you are insured if you use paypal but that I am not certain on. You should contact ebays fraud department and they also investigate it. If they find that the seller did commit fraud they send you a letter and that also helps you recover the money either from paypal or if you set up paypal with a visa, mastercard.

I called my credit card company and they refunded my charges right away. It wasnt that much(20-30 bucks) but most credit card companys offer fraud protection.

If you ship something that is paid through paypal, if it is over $250 paypal requires signature delivery

You're pretty much out of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back