Help please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMSNY

My jurisdiction is: New York

My ex-husband has petitioned for a modification of child support, stating our daughter has moved out of my house and wants the support stopped. This was 4 days after our 18 year old daughter for 27 days went and stayed with her boyfriend at his parents house after we had an argument. She is back home with me and I never stopped supporting her. She was in college FT, but dropped out (partial reason for our argument). She is not working at the moment. We were suppose to be in court this week, but his lawyer had the first appearence postponed because my ex is out of town (vacation). Since he filed for the modification, he has stopped paying me child support (1 month behind now). Now since the court date will be different, we are going into month 2 of no child support. Should I be petitioning the court for a "support violation" even though we have a modification case pending? Is he suppose to be paying regardless? Do you think I need a lawyer for this type of case or can I go it on my own? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back