Harrassment Settlement Amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrassedone

I am working with the EEOC on a Sexual Harrassment case. They have requested that I send them a letter with a settlement amount. The thing is I have no idea how much to ask for.:confused: I want to be realistic. Any ideas?

Thanks

That's someone no one here can answer properly since we know nothing of the facts of the case; nothing of the company(s) involved; nothing of your circumstances; nothing of how strong a case it is; or any of the other factors that go into determining an appropriate settlement amount.

Thank you for taking a moment to read my problem. I have that information, was just seeing if this site offered good help, let me know if you want me to provide more information for a ball park figure on a settlement.

Sorry, but this is something that I personally believe should not be handled on a bulletin board. There are too many factors, not all of which you can/should post, that need to be included before a decision like that is reached. You could forget to include something critical that I wouldn't necessarily know to ask you (not being aware of all the details) and thus you'd get an answer that did not fit the facts. I try to give responsible answers and in this case, it would be irresponsible of me to tell you what to ask for unless I knew FAR more than you could give me in this kind of format. I'd be willing to give you an opinion on how strong your case is, but not on how much you should ask in a settlement.

Are you working with an attorney? If so, they are in a far better position to give you an estimate. If not, you'd do much better to speak with a local attorney who not only could elicit all the details from you but would be aware of any state laws or case law in your jurisdiction that might affect any answer you could get here, as well as quite possibly being familiar with the employer's assets (if needed). Many give free or low cost consultations.

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back