Harmed by supervisor's actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

magusat999

I work for a local (city level) government institution. My job is Civil Service classified. Recently our department lost it's head due to firing, and the Director decided to hire me and two others in acting positions. We were supposed to be Department Heads, but the person above us (our Supervisor) was doing everything he could to prevent us from performing our jobs effectively. The part I am most concerned about is that he forced a situation in which a worker we were supposed to be supervising was being treated with preference. She was the least senior, and least experienced, but he had her using our department resources and performing duties that we were supposed to be performing. She was allowed to ignore us, and was given free training and perks on an almost executive level. She was even allowed to mis-represent her true job title in order to "look important". Our supervisor knew she had preferential treatment in the past due to a relationship with the deposed department head, but just continued the trend.

This worker voiced her disdain and disrespect of her supposed supervisors, but nobody moved to resolve the situation. As I expected, at some point she filed a hostile work environment charge against me, out of sheer spite. The crux of her complaint is the we moved equipment out of one of our offices, which she claims is "her office". she had taken off suddenly for two weeks without notice and would not contact anyone, and "her office" had critical departmental supplies which was virtually held hostage there. Even her buddy, our supervisor, agreed that it was time to remove the electronic lock and access the office. So who gets hit with the charge? ME!

As much trouble as she has been, I would like to deal with her, but this whole situation is the fault of my supervisor. I have checked into the possibility of filing HWE charges againt him, but there is the race, gender, disbility, etc. condition which may not be met. Are there any alternatives to bring him to justice or can someone just pull this kind of malarkey, make people look bad and create chaos, and get away with it?

I work for a local (city level) government institution. My job is Civil Service classified. Recently our department lost it's head due to firing, and the Director decided to hire me and two others in acting positions. We were supposed to be Department Heads, but the person above us (our Supervisor) was doing everything he could to prevent us from performing our jobs effectively. The part I am most concerned about is that he forced a situation in which a worker we were supposed to be supervising was being treated with preference. She was the least senior, and least experienced, but he had her using our department resources and performing duties that we were supposed to be performing. She was allowed to ignore us, and was given free training and perks on an almost executive level. She was even allowed to mis-represent her true job title in order to "look important". Our supervisor knew she had preferential treatment in the past due to a relationship with the deposed department head, but just continued the trend.

This worker voiced her disdain and disrespect of her supposed supervisors, but nobody moved to resolve the situation. As I expected, at some point she filed a hostile work environment charge against me, out of sheer spite. The crux of her complaint is the we moved equipment out of one of our offices, which she claims is "her office". she had taken off suddenly for two weeks without notice and would not contact anyone, and "her office" had critical departmental supplies which was virtually held hostage there. Even her buddy, our supervisor, agreed that it was time to remove the electronic lock and access the office. So who gets hit with the charge? ME!

As much trouble as she has been, I would like to deal with her, but this whole situation is the fault of my supervisor. I have checked into the possibility of filing HWE charges againt him, but there is the race, gender, disbility, etc. condition which may not be met. Are there any alternatives to bring him to justice or can someone just pull this kind of malarkey, make people look bad and create chaos, and get away with it?

It pains me to say it, but you're living it, citizen.

Unfortunately, some sheeple can "pull this kind of malarkey, make people look bad and create chaos, and get away with it"!

You should prepare a defense against the charges she has preferred upon you.

Get witness statements, line up people to be witnesses, and prepare your own, accurate version of events.

Ask the others involved in this "STING" to prepare statements and give to you.

Alternatively, you can request the others to sit down with you and give their permission for you to depose them and videotape their responses.

The ones who refuse or waffle, COULD stand out as co-conspirators in the "STING" to set YOU up!

Good luck.

After you win, then worry about who you need to file charges against.

The co-conspirators will soon be known and outed.

You will know them by their actions.

Thank you for your response, Army judge - as I looked into this situation further, I can see that - unless some corruption rears it's ugly head - there is very little for her to stand on. It's an EEOC charge, so it is supposed to be gender based (that is her angle). Her gender based supposition is concocted at best.One part depends on a friend of hers that lied about a conversation he and I had - in private. Another is related to the same person, yet again relying upon a conversation only he and I engaged in. The third is she contends that me writing two emails to her in one day is somehow harrassment. The first two are hearsay and the last one is common everyday practice (a supervisor cannot write an email to his / her subordinate more than once per day? Ludicrous!). I am feeling confident I can defend myself - I just wish the person who kept this up could get his due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back