harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaftermath

My wife worked as a nanny and was recently terminated from her job because the employer said they didn't like me the husband. They said and I qoute "When he leaves for his job he waives to us like were just another nigger on the block" We lived on their property and I wasn't employed by them.

My wife was owed her last check and the former employer said she could pick it up after work. My wife is now working for a retail store and her former employer comes into her store and confronts my wife and rips up the check she was owed in front of everyone. She claimed we left the cottage in disarrayed which isn't true. We cleaned it top to bottom before we left.

So I left a heated message on the formed employer's machine (which was stupid...I was mad) saying that "you don't come into my wife's store and rip up a check in her face, that's harassment and were going to file an harassment complaint. I'm going tell everyone you ever bad mouthed what you said about them! Were coming after you!". End of message. I didn't swear or anything like that but I did end the message with "were coming after you". I meant it in a legal sense but did not say that.

My question is, was my phone call harassment and can I be in any legal trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back