Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Harassment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g1984

I live in an apartment complex, and there is a couple who live in this complex who are freeloaders and are constantly hitting me and the other tenants up for money and other freebies... does this constitute harassment?

That constitutes bullying... Call the police and file a complaint against them.

most people stop asking after people stop giving. perhaps talk to the other tenants and get a petition to have them evicted and present it to the land lord.

. . .it doesn't really constitute harassment unless you make it well known, plain and clear, that you want them to leave you alone and if they continue to bother you, then you'll call the police. Simply calling the police because you have a hard time saying "no" isn't helpful.

I live in an apartment complex, and there is a couple who live in this complex who are freeloaders and are constantly hitting me and the other tenants up for money and other freebies... does this constitute harassment?
It depends on the laws in your state. In my state, this would not be a crime unless they were obstructing your way or physically restraining or assaulting you. They can ASK anyone about anything. Now, the apartment complex management may decide to take action against them if enough of the good tenants complain. If no one complains, even the management cannot do anything.

Say, "No" and keep walking. When they harass you, call the management. if they commit a crime, call the police. Pass that on to your friends, too.

- Carl

In the prior town we lived in, we lived near the same type of people. Store prices there were much lower and I was always getting deals and freebies with coupons, so they knew my house was always stocked. I have nothing against helping someone, but there are those that take advantage. My solution, just like what was already suggested on here, was to just stop giving. (Especially when they wanted me to start delivering it to them!)

These people don't stop asking... I have advised other tenants who are fed up with it to ask them not to contact them again, and if they do, to consider filing a complaint.

You need to notify the complex's management in writing for you to have any leverage when it comes to filing anything against the tenants in court and with the authorities. Verbal communications just don't have the same credibility as a documented one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back