Harassment by Neighbors, who is living in the same apt

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadKitty

I have been harassed by my neighbors, who live in same apt.
They are always check on me if I am home or not...and even they are trying to look inside my room through a little hole on the doorknob. and They are always saying "she is home" " so weird..."loudly...
They know I can hear their voices from inside and on purposely They are keeping say so mean words It's racism...
I think that's totally harassment!!!
besides They are trying to make me kick out from the apt so, they are always trying to complain to our landlord...
but, my landlord seems doesn't take a serious because that's a stupid reason to complain...

I am freelancer and I am home mostly and there are a lots of people, who are working at home and stay home.
I don't understand that how they make me in the problems...
They are even not my roommate and they are living different floor...
That's not their business if I am home or not...right?
I don't make any noise at all!!

They are the one always making noise like fighting in the middle of night, emotional shout and yelling, screaming!!!
I don't totally understand about them at all...

I have been extremely stressed and even I have sleeping problems...
I always feel uncomfortable at home and that's really problem..
and always my chest hurts when I am home because of the stress from them...
It has been for a long time.. almost more than half year...

Please help me and give me your advice.
I really need a help!!!

U:(

Unfortunately there is very little that can actually be done other than your own "home remedies." It sounds like you are apartment mates more than you are in neighboring apartments. You may want to write to your landlord. But how about just covering the keyhole and be done with it. Neighbors will always be able to put a glass to the wall and listen in to what's going on next door. They can say what they want in the comfort of their home and take "advantage" of the limitations, if you want to call them that. You should probably consider moving if it bothers you too much because there isn't even much the landlord can do about the inherent nature of the home. Best of luck.

Hi Thelawprofessor,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Actually I already tried to cover the keyhole but, our building is old so, I could totally hear people's conversation even though
I covered the keyhole part...It doesn't help much at all...and my landlord knows my rude neighbor are trying to kick me up.
but, he dones't say anything at me at all... I think my landlord seems try to ignore what my rude neighbor is trying to say about me. or He thinks they have too much complains about this building...
and Actually my previous roomate was always saying that most of people, who used to live here left so quckly because there are always having problems in this building because our landlord or my rude neibors???
my rude neighbors are living in our apt for a long time than me so, They have a kind strong faith to my landlord but, now
It seems my landlord is getting tire to deal the problems with them.
I hope He will realize that the problems are the rude neighbors...

Your best solution is to move. You were surely aware of these living conditions when you moved in. Find a new place that offers the privacy you desire.

but, what about my mean neighbors?
They are living in my apt more than 10 years...
They already know the conditions of our apt right?
I just feel like they think they can control whatever they want and hate because they are living for a long time...
but, we pay rent same way...I never make any problems or noise at all to anyone and now automatically they make me a problem because they are living longer than me? It doesn`t make sense to me at all...
I just feel this is totally not right.
but, I guess there is no solve this issue by legal action?
If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks,

The law rarely solves our everyday dilemmas. Most people apply common sense, negotiation, compromise, and discretion to remediate garden variety disputes.

Your calling it harassment does not make it so in law. Nothing you have described constitutes illegal harassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back