Harassed at wok by a supervisor, then fired for saying something about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shewolf3829

My question is at the end of my statement.
I was first sexually harassed outside of work by my supervisor when he rubbed up against my back with his front. Then reached around and felt up my breasts. I told him no, I never gave him any indication that I liked him in any way, during work or outside of work. The supervisor was abused as a child by his mother, and grew up to hate and look down on women. He is physically and verbally abusive to his girlfriend's, and looking down on all other women. He was mad that I told him no, and in front of his friend's. He then brought his grudge against me to work and begain harassing me in the workplace. Insulting me, degrading me, and making it as hard as possibale for me to do my job. I talked to another supervisor about the issues I was having, as well as a union steward. Nothing was done. I finally said enough was enough and went to HR, the B.U.M., and the head of the union, and told them what was going on. They never did an investigation, even tho the company has the zero tolerance of harassment policy ( which I know means any form of harassment that causes a hostile work enviornment, and causes stress, and anxiety within the workplace.). I even brought in a witness to my harassment and they still didnt do a investigation. Instead I was fired after talking to them....
Rejected suitors and sexual harassment
It is not sexual harassment for your boss to ask you for a date, but if you turn him down and he punishes you for the rejection - by firing you, transferring you, denying you a promotion, etc. - this is probably sexual harassment.
My question is: I've called 30 lawyers and none would take my case because I was part of a union. As soon as I said that I was union they would hang up. WHY??? Is the company above the law that say's that harassment in the workplace is illegal, just because the union is working for the company? Do women just have to deal with the harassment because they are union members and the union is working for the company instead of for the workers? How can I find a lawyer that will take my case?

Last edited:
There are anti-retaliation laws. You can't be fired for complaining, standing your ground, or voicing your opinion.

I don't think any lawyer want's to tangle with the union. I wouldn't lol. I would if I had to, but wouldn't find it very enjoyable.

YOu may have a tort action.

Harassment is defined as " a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no ligitimate purpose." United States Code Annotated at 18 U.S.C.A section 15149(c)1.

Have you applied or Unemployment?

Read your pm's.

Employer Scenario: The Set Up to Terminate or Fire You
Generally organizations have to follow strict guidelines to terminate you for legal reasons. They must document their reasons for termination well in advance. You are almost always going to know that they have "targeted" you for termination. Remember setting you up and firing you is part of the corporate rite of passage to the next level of management that each aspiring manager must accomplish. It is one of the biggest thrills supervisors experience.

Last edited:
I find this very interesting:

In spite of the American worker as being the most productive (overworked) in the world there is a cult and culture of management that looks upon the American worker as objects for disrespect and exploitation. The level of insult to the American worker is arrogantly, boldly and joyfully expressed in Scott Adams' popular management book, " Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook " . Adams writes in section 1.13, "....there is a tool for leaders (managers) like you too; it's called lying (to and about employees)" and he then goes on to say "there is no risk" for doing so.

Discrimination by employers is illegal in hiring, promotion, and treatment of persons in many business and practices areas.

The areas of discrimination the law and the courts recognize that may involve you include:
Disabled Workers
Equal Pay
Retaliation for Exercising Legal Rights
Retaliation for Testifying in a Legal Matter
Retaliation for applying for Worker Compensation
Layoffs
Pregnancy or Maternity
National Origin
Racial/Ethnic
Religious
Retirement
Sex - quid pro quo, ie. pressure to have sex so you can keep your job or promote you
and many many others...
THESE ARE VERY SERIOUS CHARGES UNDER BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL LAW AGAINST THOSE WHO VIOLATE LAWS AGAINST WHAT IS KNOWN AS A CLEAR MANDATE OF "PUBLIC POLICY"
THE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATIONS ARE SEVERE. PENALTIES INCLUDE MAJOR FINES, JAIL TIME, COMPENSATION FOR THE INJURED, RETURNING YOU TO YOUR JOB AND MORE.

Last edited:
OP; Go directly to the EEOC. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200. Call the EEOC immediately and file a claim for sexual harassment and wrongful termination.

You MUST have a right to sue letter from the EEOC before you can take legal action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back