1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Grandparents rights

Discussion in 'Grandparents Rights' started by Diane55, Dec 10, 2017.

  1. Diane55

    Diane55 Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    On October 12, 2017 the WICHITA POLICE DEPART., DCF, and SRS took my 9 yr old granddaughter into protective custody claiming child in need. The claimed that my granddaughter had missed 2 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS of school, which is false and that my mothers house where we lived and where I am a caregiver for my mother whom suffers from dementia is an unhealthy environment. I received a DEPARTMENT FINDINGS LETTER that the PHYSICAL NEGLECT I was accused of was unsubstantiated. The Adjudication trial was on Dec. 8, 2017, which I don’t know what that is for. At any rate what do I need to do to be able to get my granddaughter back? Also, when she was in PPC she missed 2 weeks and 2 days of school and I have only got to talk to her 1 time.
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    You probably need a lawyer.

    You can contact the people below and see if you still qualify for one.

    The fact that you MISSED the hearing is going to hurt whatever happens going forward.

    What can I do if I am dissatisfied with the process?
    Talk about your concerns with DCF, calmly stating the facts as you see them. If you have concerns or questions after talking with DCF staff, you may speak to a DCF supervisor.

    You may also contact the DCF Office of Client Services by calling 1-888-369-4777 or
    emailing DCFCustomerService@ks.gov .

    Appealing an adverse DCF ruling in Kansas:



Share This Page