Grandparents rights

P

Pauline

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
My grand daughter is 6 yrs old she had been kept from me and my son "the babys father" for several yrs because we had reported that we thought she was being sexually abused. So for the past 2 yrs they have had her in foster care. They keep coming up with one thing then another for hoops that my son has to go through but he gets nowhere with them because he smokes marijuana. I now am trying as the grand mother to get the child in my custody they are putting me through extensive testing by stein counceling supposedly a state councel service to determine if im capable of raising her. They dont think i am capable due to having diabetes n am over weight. Is that legal reasoning. Is there anything i can do .fight for kinship adoption or something?

I can see where your health might be a concern. Do you live alone, do you have close friends and family who can help you take care of the child. You need to be able to show that you CAN take care of the child and that you have a support system to back you up. Other than that, ask them if there is anything that will help your petition.

Plus, let's add the fact that your son (whom you raised) is a pothead. You've raised one, you might raise another. o_O

Marijuana is NOT legal according to US law.
A few rogue states allege to have legalized the weed, don't be misled.
What if one state legalizes child molestation?
What if another state legalized slavery, and allowed each Asian person to own as many Black, Hispanic, or Caucasian people he or she could catch?
This is why we once billed ourselves as a nation of laws.

Grandmother, where is the child's mother?

Marijuana is NOT legal according to US law.
A few rogue states allege to have legalized the weed, don't be misled.
What if one state legalizes child molestation?
What if another state legalized slavery, and allowed each Asian person to own as many Black, Hispanic, or Caucasian people he or she could catch?
This is why we once billed ourselves as a nation of laws.

Grandmother, where is the child's mother?
Shes the onw who was molesting the child n 3 others that were doing it. N no i dont allow any drug use around me nor would i allow it around her

My grand daughter is 6 yrs old she had been kept from me and my son "the babys father" for several yrs because we had reported that we thought she was being sexually abused. So for the past 2 yrs they have had her in foster care. They keep coming up with one thing then another for hoops that my son has to go through but he gets nowhere with them because he smokes marijuana. I now am trying as the grand mother to get the child in my custody they are putting me through extensive testing by stein counceling supposedly a state councel service to determine if im capable of raising her. They dont think i am capable due to having diabetes n am over weight. Is that legal reasoning. Is there anything i can do .fight for kinship adoption or something?

Your son needs to quit doing drugs. What's more important - his kid or the pot?

Your health is a major factor in caring for a child. Yes that's a legal reason. If you want to get her, get your health problems into check. Lose weight. Get your diabetes under control. OR kick your son in the ass and tell him to get his priorities together.

Your son needs to quit doing drugs. What's more important - his kid or the pot?

Your health is a major factor in caring for a child. Yes that's a legal reason. If you want to get her, get your health problems into check. Lose weight. Get your diabetes under control. OR kick your son in the ass and tell him to get his priorities together.
I shouldn't of ever posted on this site nothing but a bunch of negative foul mouthed things

I shouldn't of ever posted on this site nothing but a bunch of negative foul mouthed things

Excuse me? No one said "negative foul mouthed things." At all. You got honesty. No one on here cares what you feel about the answers you get. So don't post anymore. But in all honesty the only way your son gets his kid if he stays away from the drugs. If you want to then you do what CPS says.

If that was my son I'd kick him in the ass and tell him to get his priorities in order.

Shes the onw who was molesting the child n 3 others that were doing it. N no i dont allow any drug use around me nor would i allow it around her

You seem normal, want to help your grandkid, and are surrounded by dopers and abusers.

Just keep trying to make your case to show the state that you love the child, will see to it that the kid is nurtured, loved, educated, fed, provided medical care, taught values and morals, and see that he gets counseling and therapy for the horrible things his mother and father have done to him.

As far as your health, just make the point that none of us are promised tomorrow, so make sure you have a plan to make sure your grandkid will be cared for by a trusted, responsible adult if you were to get too ill to care for the kid, or if you were die prematurely.

Let us know how the case progresses, and I'm pulling for you.

Why?

My sister raised a crackhead.
My niece abandoned her baby, and my sister stepped up to care for the 9 month old and his older sister 2 years old.
She raised those kids with the help of her oldest daughter, and finally after four years, the crackhead appears to be clean.
My sister gave her back the kids, after the state approved the custody transfer, as she isn't a well woman either.

Excuse me? No one said "negative foul mouthed things." At all. You got honesty. No one on here cares what you feel about the answers you get. So don't post anymore. But in all honesty the only way your son gets his kid if he stays away from the drugs. If you want to then you do what CPS says.

If that was my son I'd kick him in the ass and tell him to get his priorities in order.
I didn't ask about him i was asking for myself. N if i knew how to withdraw from this site i surely would

Back