Grandparents filling for custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Concerned Parent, County Court

Looking for a little advise on parents right to stop visitation to grandparents and grounds for grandparents to gain custody. The mother and father have been devorced for over ten years and have made there relationship with the children strong on both sides as mother has full custody of children the father has visitation, but they still have a good relatioship between them and share time with children as fairly as possible. As was mentioned there is a visitation agreement in place agreed upon in medeation between parents and grandparent and was agreed apon to try and help work out familly issues in hopes rebuilding the relationship with the grandparents and father. Instead the Grandparents have used the time they get to spend with them Digging up dirt on parents, giving grandchildren what ever they want and basic undermining of parents ability to parent. When the children return from grandparents they are disrespectfull and feel they are owed or intitled to whatever they want which the parents once again get to be the bad guy only fuelling the grandparents side that they are great and the parents are the bad guys. After only about a year with visitation given to grandparents they have managed to brainwash the children and have made no attempt to rebuild a relationship with their OWN SON. With all that the grandparents have filled for full custody of the children deaming niether the mother or father are fit to raise there children stating several acuastations from unsafe living conditions to money. Now that the parents have been severved with paper work do the parents legally have to abide to the visitation agreement and will the judge find poorly in the favor of the parents if they block calls and text's between child and grandparent in hopes of establishing some control? Also is there any laws in place to protect parents from being falsely accused of such unsafe living conditions and ways to prove both homes are safe as the grandparents say as I can't find any unsafe conditions myself or the other 3 sets of grandparents that also can't beleave they would accuse the parents and try to take them away. I would also like to know if there is any leagal action that can be persued if the court finds in the parents favor to take away the grandparents visitation rights untill the court feels they can be trusted to not undermine the parents?

Thanks,
A. Concerned Step Parent

Concerned Parent, County Court

Looking for a little advise on parents right to stop visitation to grandparents and grounds for grandparents to gain custody. The mother and father have been devorced for over ten years and have made there relationship with the children strong on both sides as mother has full custody of children the father has visitation, but they still have a good relatioship between them and share time with children as fairly as possible. As was mentioned there is a visitation agreement in place agreed upon in medeation between parents and grandparent and was agreed apon to try and help work out familly issues in hopes rebuilding the relationship with the grandparents and father. Instead the Grandparents have used the time they get to spend with them Digging up dirt on parents, giving grandchildren what ever they want and basic undermining of parents ability to parent. When the children return from grandparents they are disrespectfull and feel they are owed or intitled to whatever they want which the parents once again get to be the bad guy only fuelling the grandparents side that they are great and the parents are the bad guys. After only about a year with visitation given to grandparents they have managed to brainwash the children and have made no attempt to rebuild a relationship with their OWN SON. With all that the grandparents have filled for full custody of the children deaming niether the mother or father are fit to raise there children stating several acuastations from unsafe living conditions to money. Now that the parents have been severved with paper work do the parents legally have to abide to the visitation agreement and will the judge find poorly in the favor of the parents if they block calls and text's between child and grandparent in hopes of establishing some control? Also is there any laws in place to protect parents from being falsely accused of such unsafe living conditions and ways to prove both homes are safe as the grandparents say as I can't find any unsafe conditions myself or the other 3 sets of grandparents that also can't beleave they would accuse the parents and try to take them away. I would also like to know if there is any leagal action that can be persued if the court finds in the parents favor to take away the grandparents visitation rights untill the court feels they can be trusted to not undermine the parents?

Thanks,
A. Concerned Step Parent

People talk, they tell lies, they exaggerate things; if that happens, its always best to ignore it.
Its impossible to prove a negative.
More often than not, kids ignore that nonsense, its the adults who obsess over it.
I say live your lives, be the best people you can be, and do the best you can for your children.
Fight hate with love and tolerance, and simply say, "Honey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Let's have some fun (insert watch a movie, take a walk, ride our bikes, play a game, etc...)!
Don't allow the irresponsible actions of others to define you, or you'll find yourself wallowing in the muck and mire with the pigs.

I would only advise you to obey the court order.
Why block text messages? You can't censor the world. You can support, love, and nurture your children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back