grandchild with type 1 diabetes

cayden123

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
my son has a six year old with type 1 diabetes who goes to school and his mother and father are not together the mother does not want me to have any involvement and my son does. i have been taking care of my grandson since he has been in this world i went over to the school on friday and his blood glucose was 33 he was laying over on his desk the nurse was not present and the teacher stated she sent him to see the nurse but the nurse wasnt present so she told him to just sit quiet in his desk and the clerk stated she gave him a piece of candy the nurse left at 1:00 pm and when i showed up to check his sugar was at 1:20 and the nurse wasnt coming back until 2:00 they are having a meeting on tomorrow and are requesting that i not be present but my son wants me present and the mother doesn't is there anything i can do

is there anything i can do

Avoid making trouble for yourself, embarrassing your son and your grandson, honor the request before you end up being trespassed and are never allowed to set foot on school property again.

Pretty much. You are welcome to visit with the child when he is with Dad if Dad agrees. That's it. It is really not clear why you are showing up at the child's school and taking his blood sugar during class.

my son has a six year old with type 1 diabetes who goes to school and his mother and father are not together the mother does not want me to have any involvement and my son does. i have been taking care of my grandson since he has been in this world i went over to the school on friday and his blood glucose was 33 he was laying over on his desk the nurse was not present and the teacher stated she sent him to see the nurse but the nurse wasnt present so she told him to just sit quiet in his desk and the clerk stated she gave him a piece of candy the nurse left at 1:00 pm and when i showed up to check his sugar was at 1:20 and the nurse wasnt coming back until 2:00 they are having a meeting on tomorrow and are requesting that i not be present but my son wants me present and the mother doesn't is there anything i can do

Why are you going to take his blood sugar levels anyway?

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation. Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

his mother and father are not together

Meaning what exactly? Are they or were they married? If they were never married, was your son's paternity ever established? If so, how was it established? Is there any sort of custody/visitation order?

i have been taking care of my grandson since he has been in this world

This seems a bit inconsistent with the statement that the mother doesn't want you to have any involvement.

i showed up to check his sugar

What is the reason why you (as opposed to one of the parents) were going to check his blood sugar?

is there anything i can do

I guess this is a moot point now, but you obviously can do lots of things, and figuring out whether you should or shouldn't attend this meeting is not something about which you should be consulting with anonymous strangers on the internet. However, I'll say that most schools would likely exclude you based on the mother's objection.

Back