Got deleted.... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hihihi

So basically, I'm just looking for some insight. I have decent grades, plan on graduating early and getting my basics done at a community college then going to U of Chicago for law. Right now I'm in junior year. I'm 16. I play sports and have a part time job. My home situation is not where it needs to be. I have two younger sisters, who are constantly upset along with myself because of my parents. My seven year old sister, cries EVERYDAY because of my parents calling her stupid, retarded, fat, etc. Like just unacceptable honestly. So since I'm graduating early anyways, I will be 17 since my birthday is in April. As of now, I pretty much pay for everything on my own. I have bought my own clothes since I was 13. I buy my own food. Pay for gas, etc. So what I want to know is if I pay for my own car, then save up around $5,000. Save my receipts and have a plan, as in where I will live, what type of insurance I will have etc. will that hold up in court as enough to support my own? I am thinking of filing this June so I have enough evidence to prove I do not rely on my parents. By then I will most likely have a court date scheduled July or August with one more semester to go until I graduate. Do I have enough evidence to make my case valid?
P.S. I am smart and know it is NOT easy to live on my own, I understand that but I will NOT be in this house any longer than I have to. I do not need to hear I should wait until I'm 18 because I just will not do that. I know it will be hard but life is hard. Any comments, advice, or anything else you have would be very helpful! Thank you!! :)

Google "emancipated minor Illinois".
There is a great deal of information on the web.
Be prepared to hear that which you asked us NOT to mention.
Even if the stars aligned, and you could show you've been supporting yourself, not working and living with pappy and mammy; it could take 18-20 months to achieve.
If poppa and momma (or your legal guardians) opposed you, forget about it.

Be aware that emancipation is not granted because a minor wants to leave a bad situation. Without clear and convincing evidence that you have the means and capability of paying 100% of your own support (that means rent and utilities as well as food, clothing and transportation - also medical care, health insurance, staples, school fees and supplies etc.) and a history of doing so, you may as well not waste your time. Emancipation was and is designed to be a means to provide legal protections to those minors who are ALREADY, for reasons outside their own control, living on their own - not to allow you to move out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back