Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Going on a cruise while on bond?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoochiemomma

Im planning on going on a 3 day cruise in december. Im currently out on bond for a misdemeanor and felony drug charge. Is it illegal to go on the cruise? i have to book it asap, like tomoro, if im going. From what i understand its up to the bail bondsman which is my dad but i could be dead wrong... I havent been convicted, no probation yet, havent even been to court other than to sign an extension or hold over form or whatever its called.. Im waiting on a letter telling me my court date, obviously if i pay for the cruise and i get the letter saying i gotta be in court one of those four days (two of which are sat and sunday) then im out a couple hundred bucks and im goin to court lol but is it illegal for me to leave? its to the bahamas so its US territory and i would think that theres not any restrictions on me until im convicted right??

It isn't up to the bail bonsman as much as it's up to what the Judge or Magistrate at your arraignment says. Some courts also have "pre-trial services" which act in a similar way to a probation department. Do you know when your pre-trial conference is?

no i was supposed to have it sept 11th but signed a continuance then and am waiting on a letter from the county with my next date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back