Assault & Battery Gang war in Waco

army judge

Super Moderator
I just love visiting whacky Waco.
Never been to the Twin Peaks the gang bangers frequent, thank goodness.

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/OT...webfeeds/b5ada67a1101c616760f6a7067001864.jpg

Anyway, gang violence broke out Sunday morning in Waco.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/texas-shooting/index.html

These creeps give us Texans and our great republic a bad name.
The Waco cops were all over this one, as were their allies, the McLennan County Sheriff.
A State Trooper friend of mine said he even got in on this bit of madness.

At any rate, no customers, employees, citizens, innocent bystanders, or law enforcement officials were hurt.

This time, evil took out evil.

Last edited:
This was a crazy incident. And I rather agree with you. If no civilians are anywhere near and are not involved, I'm more prone to letting them do whatever they wish to each other and having our police and law enforcement only step in after the dust has settled and it is safe for them to do so. It definitely opened up a tremendous amount of discussion about these biker gangs and the big differences between those in the deep south and the others up north. Up here you will frequently find that many of them are almost like weekend warriors and some even formal by day. Pretty funny.

There is a police saying concerning big and violent brawls: "We hospitalize the losers and arrest the winners."

The first time this was apparent for me was at a sports bar on Super Bowl Sunday 1996 (I believe) ... HUGE fight that involved dozens of people. We mustered 10 cops from our department and stood outside watching chairs and tables fly around and through windows. We waited until the commotion had petered off and THEN made entry to quell the remaining disturbance.

It's much easier to deal with the walking wounded and weary than to try and get in the middle of the melee.

This was a crazy incident. And I rather agree with you. If no civilians are anywhere near and are not involved, I'm more prone to letting them do whatever they wish to each other and having our police and law enforcement only step in after the dust has settled and it is safe for them to do so. It definitely opened up a tremendous amount of discussion about these biker gangs and the big differences between those in the deep south and the others up north. Up here you will frequently find that many of them are almost like weekend warriors and some even formal by day. Pretty funny.

Truth be told, Professor, most of these folks were just regular people.
They reminded me of this old John Travolta and crew movie.
A group of suburban biker wannabes looking for adventure hit the open road, but get more than they bargained for when they encounter a New Mexico gang called the Del Fuegos.
This is how its being discussed around the McClennan County Court House in Waco. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RVvETrP64

Last edited:
At any rate, no customers, employees, citizens, innocent bystanders, or law enforcement officials were hurt.

This time, evil took out evil.
I seem to recall that the cops took a few of them down, too.

Yeah, I haven't followed the end results of the investigations, only the first couple of weeks of suppositions and news reporting ... and that which was blasted on LE blogs.

Yeah, I haven't followed the end results of the investigations, only the first couple of weeks of suppositions and news reporting ... and that which was blasted on LE blogs.

Abel Reyna is the DA. I know several lawyers who are planning to run against him next election.
The sheriff is still steaming about 200 arrests.
They housed them overnight at the Waco Convention Center.
The county supervisors are trying to figure out how to offset the hit to their tidy budget. LOL
Not enough capital crimes certified lawyers on the county criminal defendant lists.
They've had to try and get them from nearby counties.
No one wants to do that, when you only get about $1,000 per case, and a 1950s per idem rate of $30.00 for travel. Try getting a $30 hotel room. LOL
A legal insider from Waco says that Baylor University Law School will take a bunch of cases, using their 3rd year (this fall) law students, supervised by several law professors (most of them haven't tried a case in years)!!!

Yeah, I was wondering about the huge numbers of homicide or ADW charges. We were debating the legal gymnastics that might be necessary to make all those cases count in some meaningful way (not sure how we'd do it here, and certainly not familiar with TX law in this area).

But, if they can keep these yoyos locked up or under raps for a while, that could be a good thing.

Yeah, I was wondering about the huge numbers of homicide or ADW charges. We were debating the legal gymnastics that might be necessary to make all those cases count in some meaningful way (not sure how we'd do it here, and certainly not familiar with TX law in this area).

But, if they can keep these yoyos locked up or under raps for a while, that could be a good thing.

Locking the bad ones up has put a dent in burglaries, meth production, and other felonies.

The bigger problem is like commercial fishing, those huge trawling nets catch a lot of little fish, too.

Back