g-rent custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessa02

I need your help. Im 14 years old. My parents divorced when i was 1 so i dont remeber much. They got joint custody. I saw my dad every other weekend. My mother re-married and then divorced him when i was 10. I have two other blood sisters. We then moved to Yucaipa. Then she meets some guy at a concert and decides to move with him. I told her if she moved with him i would move in with my grandma, my dads mother. She didnt have a problem with that. That is where i have been livin for the past 2 years. Then she calls up demanding i move back with her.. can my grandma get custody of me? What do i do??:confused: :confused:

Depending upon the state where you are in, the law varies. In fact, she may have a difficult time making demands if she would be considered to have abandoned you. It is likely that if you lived with your grandmother for the past 2 years and wish to do so, and are 14 or above, in many states it could be difficult for your mother to reobtain custody by using the court system.

Be Strong

Nessa:
Be strong. Your mother didn't try to change her life to make things better for you. Your Mom should have made you the most important part of her life. I was a single parent for several years and made my decisions based on what was best for my son and then for me. I brought him into this world and I had to do everything I could as a parent to make sure that he was well adjusted even though his father and I were divorced. You are of age to say to the Judge that you want to stay with your Grandmother. Just be strong and be honest with the Judge. Tell him the truth and let him know that your Mother was not there for you when you needed her and your Grandmother was. You have established roots with your Grandmother and you deserve to stay with her.
I will remember you in my prayers...
Vicki
Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back