1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Friend is having her nudes sent out maliciously; help?

Discussion in 'Internet & Social Media Law' started by TheChicagoKid316, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leslie82

leslie82 Well-Known Member

This isn't Reddit.

The person who posted your IP is a moderator/admin.

If you got so much help on Reddit why are you here?

Again - that "asshole" is an admin on the site so he has every right to look up your IP address.

When you go on PUBLIC forums, you get what you get. If you want legal advice, go talk to a lawyer or have your friend do it.

justblue likes this.
  2. TheChicagoKid316

TheChicagoKid316 Law Topic Starter New Member

- I'm here because I wanted to cast a wide net, and get as much help/advice as possible.

- I'm aware he's an admin. It doesn't make his behavior okay. I'm fine with him knowing my IP, but posting it publicly for no reason (and insinuating that my living in a different state from my friend calls my entire account into "suspicion") was unbelievably uncalled for. I would think that a forum centered around law would have more respect for privacy than what I've seen thus far.

- Yes, I am on a PUBLIC forum. I don't think that justifies harassment and baseless accusations. I'm stunned you would defend such behavior, especially after @Michael Wechsler hid most of the resulting argument from public view.

3. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Let's try to keep replies on topic. This thread has already been cleaned up once. No need to start back down that path.

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Closed again...................................

leslie82 likes this.