1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice

Foster care, School, and turning 18

Discussion in 'Emancipation Law' started by mandymueller, Sep 27, 2016.

  1. mandymueller

    mandymueller Law Topic Starter New Member

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:
    I'm soon to be 18 in Feb 28. I'm trying to look for answers but cannot find one. I've been in the system for 2 years and I'm trying to get out of it. Recently My group home staff told me I was not able to contact my social worker until he came back which was in a week. I had a social worker who was one of my old ones and filling into his place until he came back. They wouldn't let me let a message or have the phone number or card. They kept asking me why i needed to call him even thought i told them it was personal. They put me on blast in front of everyone and made a report that wasn't even true. If this keeps continuing what can i do to get help? Or who do I talk to?
    Also I'm trying to make my plans on moving to my boyfriend and his family and getting out of the system I'm going to sign off my rights and be a normal person, also going to another school. Can I transfer? Or should I drop out and go to adult school? I'm trying to get credits as fast as i can and succesed in life.
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    When you obtain the age of majority on February 28th, you will be free to do anything your finances allow.

    You'll no longer be required to stay in a group home.

    I suggest you focus on your future, not your past.

Share This Page