Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft first time shoplift

Status
Not open for further replies.
pew007 said:
Admin said:
Why woud it be illegal to give police on a theft?

my lawyer says "the store has no ability to send it to anyone", does that include the police station?

No offense, but this lawyer is sounding dumber and dumber. We give information on shoplifters to the police on a Daily Basis.

StoreDetectiveVet said:
pew007 said:
Admin said:
Why woud it be illegal to give police on a theft?

my lawyer says "the store has no ability to send it to anyone", does that include the police station?

No offense, but this lawyer is sounding dumber and dumber. We give information on shoplifters to the police on a Daily Basis.

are you a store security guard?

Yes.

StoreDetectiveVet said:

So I'm assuming that when you guys send the report to the police station it will say that I was arrested for theft. The thing is that my lawyer is trying to reduce it to disturbing the peace, if it is reduced, in the future will anyone know what I was originally arrested for(theft)?

Admin said:
Most (note not all) background checks are for convictions not arrests

does that include the fingerprint scan when I apply for visa? are the embassy officers going to find out that I was arrested for theft?

I cannot say for certain. Once more it depends on what they search for. You can talk to your Attorney about expunging arrest but this takes time

hi, it's been a while, there's something new in my case.

I got the police report today and I found that there were four charges against me: one for petty theft and three for vandalism. Because I damaged the packages when I concealed the items. My question is:
Am I going to be convicted for both petty theft and vandalism? Is there a difference between three charges and one charge on the same thing?

Admin said:
There will be conviction(s) for each charge you are convicted of yes

so there will be four convictions?? i think that'll make me inadmissable..
is there any way to get out with only one conviction?

Admin said:
That is a question for your Lawyer but I think not

I've been talking to different attorneys but one of them says it is. So I want to make sure. Thanks for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back