Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft first time shoplift

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin said:
No I was suggesting you not try to do this without an Attorney

Oh, I don't think so. I mean, if I hire him he should go to the court with me right? Can I expect him to do all the work for me?

ok, i talked to my attorney today in his office and hired him. does it matter if we didn't sign a contract? because he didn't offer me one. Also he told me that i don't have to go to court because he'll represent me. Is that ok?

Admin said:
I see no issue other than what is he going to do and what is he charging you?
he said he'll work out a deal with the prosecutor to reduce the charge to disturbing the peace.

I am not in the habit of telling posters to ignore legal advice from their Attorney. That being said I can say what the possible consequences might be for not paying.

. Tripling of fine
. law suit (costing you thousands)
. Negative report to credit reporting agencies
. Filing of criminal charges (if not filed already for theft)

Once again we are not suggesting you disobey your Attorney merely telling you "possible" consequences. We welcome you to invite your Attorney to our site to post his view and even take out ad space if he likes

Admin said:
I am not in the habit of telling posters to ignore legal advice from their Attorney. That being said I can say what the possible consequences might be for not paying.

. Tripling of fine
. law suit (costing you thousands)
. Negative report to credit reporting agencies
. Filing of criminal charges (if not filed already for theft)

Once again we are not suggesting you disobey your Attorney merely telling you "possible" consequences. We welcome you to invite your Attorney to our site to post his view and even take out ad space if he likes

Thanks, I think I'll just pay the fine to be safe. My lawyer said i could pay it if i wanted to.

about the arrest, the people who caught me did not wear a police uniform but they did show me a badge, they are also the ones who took my fingerprint (not the police officer,who gave me the ticket). My questions are:
1.Do you think those people are police officers or just store security guards? My lawyer told me to stop worrying because "anyone can have a badge", does that sound right?
2.If they are just store security guards, will they send my fingerprint to the police station? when later I apply for my visa and scan my fingerprint, will it be in the database?

1.Do you think those people are police officers or just store security guards? My lawyer told me to stop worrying because "anyone can have a badge", does that sound right?
Listen to your Lawyer
2.If they are just store security guards, will they send my fingerprint to the police station? when later I apply for my visa and scan my fingerprint, will it be in the database?
Sorry we cant read minds but its doubtful

Admin said:
Listen to your Lawyer
Sorry we cant read minds but its doubtful

you mean it's not likely to happen? I'm just wondering if it's legal for the store to give out information to the police

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back