first time caught shoplifting as a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickstar222

Hello. Recently i was caught shoplifting (very stupid of me). The manager stopped me, locked the store down, and called local law enforcement. A few minutes later law enforcement showed up, got my information, talked to the manager and sent me home after my mom picked me up. While i was talking to the officer he said that i would either be sent to a "diversion program" (something that sounded like that) or would be let off with a warning because i had no criminal record. He also said that i wouldn't have to go to court and that i would get paperwork in the mail later next week. my question to you is what will most likely be the outcome of this? will i have to pay a fine or do community service? what is the usual outcome of a crime like this? will i have to sign up for the D.A.R.E. program (the officer mentioned this to me)? If so what will be the requirements of the D.A.R.E. program? i also forgot to mention that i am a minor. thank u for any help that you can give.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds as if you are a minor.

You have no say in any of this.

That said, i suggest you work with mother or father to resolve this.

You are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

But, if you are a minor, you won't be convicted.

In Juvenile Court, if the charges are substantiated, the judge makes an adjudication (a finding) of delinquency.

In effect, as a juvenile you'll get one pass, even if you are declared delinquent.

Essentially, in juvenile court mother or father will hire an attorney to assist you; or they willa sk the court to appoint one to assist you.

Then speak only to that attorney with mother or father always present.

In the meantime, stay out of trouble, go to school, get passing rades, behave yourself, and WAIT.

But, shut up about all of this, except when speaking withg mother, father, or lawyer.

Don't go all over the internet asking questions.

Just wait and remain silent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back