Fired from PurinaCare wrongfully?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redzalez

Ok I really don't know if I have a case or not but I really need some help knowing if I do. I quit my career at this company here in Tx (Usaa) to go to a start up division of Nestle & Purina thinking it would be a definite smart move since I know and trust both companies. I obtained an addt'l license at my expense just to get hired and went throught the whole hiring process of Nestle. Knowing they were going to do a background check & credit check I let the vp of sales know that my credit is fair and far from perfect, he said it would be no problem. 3 wks after whole process I was given the ok so I put my notice in and quit my job. After a mth working my new position I was informed that I would have to go through another background check to get appointed through the the main carrier they were going to be underwriting the insurance through (AIG), I was una ware of this but felt safe since I was already an employee of Nestle. 2 mths went by and I had not been approved until I find out this past week that I was not going to be approved and not informed why. Thursday morning I went to work as normal and while in a meeting I was called in to the presidents office where he told me that I was probably expecting this and then he hands me a termination letter that is releasing me because I cannot get appointed with AIG (they won't accept me). I was shocked and could not say a word because I did not expect this. I had let the vp know my credit situation, I was never informed that my employment was contingent on approval of AIG (never on application, never explained at interview, never posted on job posting). The president was asked since this is a new division and we are going to need a customer service dept and several dept if we could be put in those depts, he said no that there would have to be a posting for those positions. He failed to think that he already moved a rep into a new position without posting it.
I know this post is long and i'm sorry for that but had I known of this before accepting this position and quiting my previous employer I would of not taken position. Can I do anything ? Ilive in tx again.

No, there is nothing you can do. Employment requirements (credit, criminal, employment histories) are at the discretion of the employers, so the fact that you didn't see them listed on the employment application is not grounds for you to base a lawsuit.

I know this but the background check was already completed for my employment with nestle so they had no problem with my credit. It was the insurance company that they were trying to appoint me with. Also on the application remark I can read and I passed my employers background check, they speak nothing of getting approved by a second party.

No, there is nothing you can do. Employment requirements (credit, criminal, employment histories) are at the discretion of the employers, so the fact that you didn't see them listed on the employment application is not grounds for you to base a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back