Fired for doing my job

dannyyak

I've always been the guy to go "by the book". It's paid off at this job. It's landed me 3 promotions. Well, I was told that I was harassing a employee after I was promoted to manager. I was very careful when I questioned this employee because I was aware of her discomfort when working under me. I was new to the position so I didn't know what her job duties consisted of. So wtbs, I asked her; are you suppose to be cleaning and are you suppose to be wearing your uniform? She had an immediate attitude and I backed off. The next day I told my boss and she did the same the following day. The boss said to me that I was within my duties to ask her those questions. I'm not sure what he told her. Fast forward a week or two without further incident. Now I was told she complained to my bosses boss. He suspends me on a Wednesday and fires me on Thursday. I read her report and it said simply, I felt I was being harassed. She also used the fact that 4 months prior, she blocked me on Instagram in which I didn't realize that happening until a week after she blocked me. And all I did to deserve being blocked was sending a message to her saying, what's up. Anyhoo, supervisor keened on the word harass and fired me. He even said at one point during termination, sexual harassment, in which I immediately protested. He walked that statement back but said it's the all the same. I told him that I feel I can take this to court. There are video cameras set up and audio. I told him to look up the audio and it would exonerate me. He didn't bother and he still fired me and concluded saying he and the company would bury me in court.

I left and haven't done nothing about it. Oh well. Moral is this, women want equal pay and equal rights. I agree. Women still have the upper hand when it comes to complaints, at least at this job.

Equal rights, huh?

Native Americans, Blacks, Browns, Yellows, homosexuals, abortion rights advocates, right to life advocates, aborted babies, little people, men, women, pets, feral animals, disabled, mentally challenged, veterans, obese people, skinny people, Alt-Right People, Christians, Jews, Muslims, and many others want equal rights.

NOTE: If I omitted any group, it was done not to disparage the group. It was done out of my ignorance.

Equality, the ever elusive equality, sought by millions all over this land.

I've always been the guy to go "by the book". It's paid off at this job. It's landed me 3 promotions. Well, I was told that I was harassing a employee after I was promoted to manager. I was very careful when I questioned this employee because I was aware of her discomfort when working under me. I was new to the position so I didn't know what her job duties consisted of. So wtbs, I asked her; are you suppose to be cleaning and are you suppose to be wearing your uniform? She had an immediate attitude and I backed off. The next day I told my boss and she did the same the following day. The boss said to me that I was within my duties to ask her those questions. I'm not sure what he told her. Fast forward a week or two without further incident. Now I was told she complained to my bosses boss. He suspends me on a Wednesday and fires me on Thursday. I read her report and it said simply, I felt I was being harassed. She also used the fact that 4 months prior, she blocked me on Instagram in which I didn't realize that happening until a week after she blocked me. And all I did to deserve being blocked was sending a message to her saying, what's up. Anyhoo, supervisor keened on the word harass and fired me. He even said at one point during termination, sexual harassment, in which I immediately protested. He walked that statement back but said it's the all the same. I told him that I feel I can take this to court. There are video cameras set up and audio. I told him to look up the audio and it would exonerate me. He didn't bother and he still fired me and concluded saying he and the company would bury me in court.

I left and haven't done nothing about it. Oh well. Moral is this, women want equal pay and equal rights. I agree. Women still have the upper hand when it comes to complaints, at least at this job.

Some days in my life, mate, I thought the world wouldn't leave me be.

Then one day I woke up, and they had moved on to their next target to bully.

This too shall pass, mate.

Hang on, the rain will eventually be dried up by the sunshine.

I don't see where you ask a specific question. I also don't see where your employer did anything illegal. In the US, you can be terminated at any time for any reason except for a reason prohibited by law (such as religion, race, gender....) or unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.

Look for other employment & file for unemployment ins. (the state will decide if you qualify)

Quite possibly the most sexist comment I've read so far today. So far...I can find more I'm sure.

They WANT it but the reality is that they don't often get it because MEN won't give it to them.

In the eternal battle of the sexes that gives them the right to fight dirty. ;)
o_O
Equal pay is mandated by the Feds and has been for over 50 years now. Every job I've had since I graduated HS, I've been paid equal money if everything else (experience, etc) is equal.

The 'Wage Gap' is because women are the ones who take time off to have babies and raise children (and all that entails) and to take care of elderly family members.

Maybe in your field women have achieved equal pay for equal experience, Kat. That is not the case all over.

Same here. Just because something is mandated doesn't mean it happens in reality.

Take the enslavement of African people for centuries, as another anomaly.
Once such enslavement was declared illegal, slavery manifested itself as "Jim Crow" for another hundred odd years.
"Jim Crow" renamed itself and lives today as "discrimination", "prejudice", etc...
I suppose its all about perception, UNLESS it comes for you.

Back