fired by boss spouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you do ANYTHING, consult with an attorney as AJ suggested. You could accidently make things worse for yourself by doing the wrong thing, trying to defend yourself. See what a lawyer thinks would be a good thing for you to do.
I could not agree more with this advice -- in addition to prevention, there is also the issue of whether and how you should be compensated thanks to the potential impact of the wife's defamation of your character. It's one thing if this was a private internal matter and you were simply "let go" for undisclosed reasons or appeared to be amicable. I don't know if and how it might affect future employment. Your attorney can speak to you about your options, including what may have been the smart and appropriate thing for them to do -- giving you a reasonable severance package and putting this entire matter to rest. Best of luck.

Thanks, i have spoken to a few lawyers. One said that I had no chance. This happens all the time. Women get fired for sleeping with the boss when the wife finds out. Well, I didn't. He said that it's not recognized becasue too many law suits would happen when wives find out about affairs. I have found a lawyer who thinks I have a chance. Thanks for all the advice.

OP, one last bit of advice, now that you have counsel.

STOP talking about this.

If people ask, simply say, no comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back