Fired after not disclosing personal information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiserob

I was recently terminated for "insubordination" which was a complete and total lie, but I guess it was the most vague reason that the corporate office could come up with. I was questioned about a time I was in Birmingham which is where my corporate office is, I spent the night with a female away from the hotel I was staying at, did absolutely nothing wrong by any rule of my corporate handbook, did nothing at my corporate office, and was asked about what happened the next week by my boss. I didn't tell my boss what happened because it was my personal business and I didn't want it to be public knowledge. He in turn fired me 3 days later stating that he couldn't trust me because I lied about what happened, evidently it had gotten around what happened and he knew what happened, and was ok with it, but since I didn't tell him he fired me for insubordination, it was a personal thing that had nothing to do with my work or company and now I have 10 years of professional experience down the drain because I was fired. I don't see how this could be legal for the company to get away with this, I could understand if it was business related and I with held information, but it wasn't. Any suggestions on moving forward with a case or is there any case?

It is legal because there is no law that says it is illegal.

You were there on business, correct? You were there as representative of your company? They were paying for your hotel, perhaps?

And yet you say what you did there was none of their business?

Where you a corporate executive? What state are you headquartered?

cbg seems right on the ball with this one. The employer CAN fire you for this reason since you were there on company business (I assume you were? and they were paying for it?) and when questioned about your actions you were not forthright in explaining the situation. They are not breaking any laws by terminating you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back