Final Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedean

I resigned from my last employer in January to go to work for a competitor. As part of my resignation letter I agreed to a list of named accounts that I would not contact as a way to leave on good terms. The CEO send me an email acknowledging the resignation and accepting the terms...she did not send me a signed letter. The company agreed to pay my final commission two weeks after receiving the money from the customer. They did not pay the final commission check and asked if I would be interested in using part of what they owed me to purchase equity options that were available to me. I agree in writing to purchase options with part of the money, but also required that the rest be paid at the end of April. I asked the CEO towards the end of April when I would recieve the money and did not get an answer. I have also not seen anything regarding the stock options I purchased. A couple questions;
1) What recourse do I have? 2) Can I get out of the provision not to contact the named accounts since they breached our agreement?

1.) Since you did not post your state, I can't tell you what the most effective recourse would be. Your best bet is to contact your state DOL (if you are in Florida, you do not have a state DOL - go directly to the second option). If your state DOL cannot help you (some will not help with commission issues) your other recourse is a civil suit, probably in small claims court.

2.) No one who has not read the entire agreement can answer that. Show the agreement to an attorney in your state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back