Final Pay not received at time of fire...what is fine for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gypsychic

I was cussed out & fired when I asked for my initially one week late paycheck that had bounced to be reissued; I did not receive final pay either. Instead, police were called & I was accused of trespassing...the employer knowing & expecting me the whole day to pick up my reissued check along with the rest of the office's paychecks.

Q: Does employer owe me per HOUR that I don't have my money?...or per 8-hour day amount? And, is this every single day?...weekends too? (trying to figure out how much I'll be suing him for!!!)

Q: Read somewhere that an employee in my situation has options for going after daily late fees, a lump fee of $500, or bounced check fees & late fees incurred by myself due to employer's bounced checks...yes, checkS...plural!!! Is this true; do I have to choose only one option??? (I fee that I should get the incurred fees along with all other charges racked up by this creep...+ damage to credit, emotional stress, false police report, etc.)

Advice would be cool.

When your employer must issue final pay to a terminating employee and what the penalties are is entirely dependent on what State you are in. If your employer is out of compliance with State reg's, then your recourse is to file a complaint with your State's Department of Labor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back