final judgement

mk6s

Jurisdiction
California
My ex and her lawyer filed for a final judgment for our child .. we have went back and forth to court until recently i have decided to file for modification to where i would get our child 3 1/2 days one week then the next 4 1/2 days , and it alternates from there. we both live 40 minutes from each other

as their response, they have requested a whole different schedule where i would have our child every other weekend bcuz of school... and requested it be the final judgement.

she has full legal custody we have joint physical

question- what does final judgement do?

Until you receive the final judgment, you won't know.
Theoretically a final judgment closes the pending legal action.
In many cases, it prompts a reaction from one or both parties, causing more litigation.

so basically she is requesting to keep our new court orders after the hearing and close the case (or make permanent) if i am understanding correctly?

so basically she is requesting to keep our new court orders after the hearing and close the case (or make permanent) if i am understanding correctly?

If you remain unsatisfied with the existing order, your remedy lies with the judge who issued the order.

Meaning: off to court you go, make a motion for a rehearing to address the items you dispute.

Of course, that presumes the judge will grant your motion.

Back