Filing a Parenting Plan with out a lawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatherineAnders

Hello. My name is Katherine. I am currently waiting for my son's paternity papers to be on file 60 days before I can fully file for custody of my son. I have a feeling his father is going to fight me tooth and nail just to hurt me. How important is a lawyer in a parenting plan? I was a stay at home mom for nearly 2 years and now I'm a student. I don't really have the money to pay for a lawyer, and because my son's father didn't beat me; I don't qualify for a free lawyer. I really want to get the ball rolling on this and have everything ready so that when that 60 days are up I can file all the paper work.

If he has a lawyer having a lawyer is going to be very important. I don't think he will be able to take custody from you but I don't know if you even know what goes in a parenting plan and what to watch for, you know?

I have had a heck of a time finding a lawyer for low cost. Since he didn't beat me or do drugs; They won't help me...
Do you know of any places that will at least hear my case; and that I can work out a payment plan with?

Why don't you agree to joint? Why should you have full custody? You really should try to find some sort of employment. How do you intend on supporting the child with no job? This may be a factor in custody and if he has an attorney and you don't, that is not good. You might have to work something out with dad. See if you can get him to agree to joint custody with you as custodial parent. Every other weekend and maybe one night during the week is normal for visits. Get used to dealing with him.

Department of human resources provides free services such as mediaton, parenting plans, child support, and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back