Fiance living with unstable mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanguinary

My fiance lives with his mother, and we are trying to find out how or if my grandmother can get custody of him. His mother is mentally unstable, has physically assaulted him, and has been harassing me since the two of us have been together. How would we go about this?

My fiance lives with his mother, and we are trying to find out how or if my grandmother can get custody of him. His mother is mentally unstable, has physically assaulted him, and has been harassing me since the two of us have been together. How would we go about this?
Uh ... your "fiancé" is a minor?? On a personal note, he is far too young to be engaged ... I presume you are of a similar age. That's just silly.

Your grandmother can NOT get custody of someone else's child. Unless his mother is willing to permit him to come live with you it will NOT happen (and depending on the state you are in, and your ages, that can open a whole new world of legal problems for everyone).

If his mother is abusing him and unable to care for him, call the police or your state/county child protective service agency and report the abuse or neglect. If they find that he is in danger, he will be removed from the home and placed in either foster care or with a close relative. He will NOT be placed with his girlfriend.

If this is a ploy to get him to live with you, drop it ... making false reports are criminal acts. if he is truly being abused and in a dangerous environment, you and your grandmother can call the cops.

- Carl

we dont. no judge is going to give your grandmother custody of your fiance.she isnt even legally related to him,so she has no standing to sue anyone in his family for custody. besides, his father is first in line for custody of he's taking out of his mother's care, not your grandmother. if you push the issue, mom can cause you AND grandma a lot of problems, such as getting a restraining order baring both of you from contact with this boy.and she'd be within her legal rights to do so. leave it alone, its not gonna happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back