Parole, Probation, Release felony probation violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

collinsmix

My husband was charged in april of 273.5 felony got out in august was put on formal probation for 3 yrs. Then in oct. Got a dui was realeased the next day with a court date then the day before his court he drank got depressed and hurt himself they put him in a pysche hospital for 9 days. Now he goes to court on tuesday his charges are the vop for drinking and the dui. Can any one help me with what kind of sentece he is looking at cleary he needs help can the judge give hom a outpatient program im so upset please only serious replies thank you

My husband was charged in april of 273.5 felony got out in august was put on formal probation for 3 yrs. Then in oct. Got a dui was realeased the next day with a court date then the day before his court he drank got depressed and hurt himself they put him in a pysche hospital for 9 days. Now he goes to court on tuesday his charges are the vop for drinking and the dui. Can any one help me with what kind of sentece he is looking at cleary he needs help can the judge give hom a outpatient program im so upset please only serious replies thank you

You can discuss his case with his attroney, assuming he gives the lawyer permission.

No one can say what THIS judge will do.

What sometimes happens when a judge gives a person a break, and they mess up again, they often end up in jail or prison.

Will this judge do that?

Don't know, can't say.

But, your hubby's lawyer probably knows something about that judge, ask him or her.

If anyone tells you differently, they're mistaken, guessing, or lying.

In theory he can face the full sentence of his original offense for the violation of his probation, as well as face the penalties associated with his DUI. In reality, it's likely he'll do little or no additional time for the VOP but will have to face the first time offender penalties for the DUI which could include at least two days jail time.

It sounds like he needs help, and he really needs to avoid alcohol. You might start this process by removing every drop from the house - INCLUDING rubbing alcohol, cough medicine and sleep aids (just to be entirely safe from that aspect).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back