Felisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

felisa1218

My mother-in-law passed away without a WILL stating her promise to my daughter (her granddaughter). My mother-in-law promised in front of several family members her collection of Swarovski crystals. The problem is my sister-in-law (her daughter) is claiming ownership of the Swarovski crystals because she gave them to her parents as Anniversary gifts throughout the past 20 years and is claiming it is hers to take back since she bought them. What is the law and how do I go about taking what was promised to my daughter?

My mother-in-law passed away without a WILL stating her promise to my daughter (her granddaughter). My mother-in-law promised in front of several family members her collection of Swarovski crystals. The problem is my sister-in-law (her daughter) is claiming ownership of the Swarovski crystals because she gave them to her parents as Anniversary gifts throughout the past 20 years and is claiming it is hers to take back since she bought them. What is the law and how do I go about taking what was promised to my daughter?

All of MIL property goes ro her legal next of kin.

Promises are unenforceable under law.

If there is no will, naming your daughter is to receive my XYZ, your daughter takes nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back