Father is trying to take child from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcoffey08

The father of my child has been difficult with me over custody ever since i began a new relationship. We have had various agreements between us concerning custody. He tried to get full custody after a mark appeared on our son. No one, myself included, knows how the mark got there. However, he insists that it is my fault. We have a temp custody order for me having the child on the weekends. We have now come up with a new agreement stating that i will have the child every other weekend. We decided this in lieu of going to the court ordered mediation. We had agreed not to go. However, he still went behind my back, making me look bad. We have court in a few days and i'm worried that he is going to try and take my son away from me. Can he do this? What can I do to stop him? Ps. He denied me my visitation rights last weekend. Our son is supposed to be handed off at my parent's house. He picked him up from there even though he knew that it was my weekend to have him. He said he did this because I didn't call him and tell him that I would be picking him up. Can he do this?

Always do everything before the court. Never make agreements the court doesn't sanction.

If you can, hire a lawyer. Going it alone is risky.

All you can do is plead your case. Don't worry about what the other person says, plead your case.

The fact that you left the child to be picked up and you weren't there, will look bad for you. Child exchanges should always be conducted in a neutral place. A police station is the best place. Both parents should always be there, too.

The only legitimate reason for not bring there is illness or death. It looks bad to leave the kids with another adult for exchanges.

Kids are supposed to be important. They are your number one priority, if they are you'd be there. I'm not accusing you, just trying to show you how the court will look at it. It makes you seem as if you have more pressing interests.

Finally, no one can tell you what a court will rule. Just present your best case and pray. A lawyer can sometimes help.

Thank you. The reason i wasn't there was because my parents watch the child at night while his father works. He was already present at our neutral place of exchange. Yet the father still came and picked him up although there was no reason to because I was to pick him up from there. He just got there before i did and took him.

I think if he child is minor the father has no right for the custody of the child. Until the child reaches the right age then the child will choose on whom he will live in.

I think if he child is minor the father has no right for the custody of the child. Until the child reaches the right age then the child will choose on whom he will live in.

:nuts:nutsSAY WHAT:nuts:nuts

Um...NO. :no::no:

This IS the United States, you know - where fathers have EQUAL rights (though sometimes they have to be established in court before they can be exercised) to their children.

Good grief - don't you realize how many single Dads are out there? Who have FULL CUSTODY of their minor children?

And to boot - the child gets to CHOOSE where s/he wants to live when s/he is 18.

(With the exception of ONE state. And guess what? It's not OP's state)

Holy carp. That had to be THE stupidest post I've read here in forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back