Family member

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldIndigoblue

My wife wants her mother to come visit from another country, problem is when this person comes...she stays and stays ....doesn't seem to know when its time to leave...which of course is allright with my wife since her mother does all her housework and cooking... my question is...my wife wants her to come...I don't...is there any way for me to legaly say...not in my house... I pay all the bills and owned the house before we were married ( married now 15 years)...?? May sound like a stupid question...but ...can I keep her out of house...?? :(

You can say "no" to your wife. But your wife can say "yes". You're on equal footing there.

OP, try this.
Rent your MIL a hotel room for a week.

Most people get the point.

We don't allow house guests in our home for the very reasons you cite.

The number of house guests we allow are very, very few ;)

(Wayward adult kids notwithstanding. But Hotel Proserpina has been closed for awhile there, too :D )

The number of house guests we allow are very, very few ;)

(Wayward adult kids notwithstanding. But Hotel Proserpina has been closed for awhile there, too :D )

When you get old, you get crotchety and cantankerous.

Now, Mrs. Judge would say that I've always been that way. :)

Anyway, paying for our visitors' hotel rooms, makes our lives easier and smoother.

We also never impose when we visit our relatives, too.

I think it's about the privacy and comfort.

Mrs. Judge has her bathroom, and I have mine.

We each keep it the way we like it.

Some comforts you just can't compromise. ;)

Proserpina, I forgot, the occasional boomeranging child, notwithstanding.

What's beginning to worry this old man, what happens when one of the grands shows up???

Proserpina, I forgot, the occasional boomeranging child, notwithstanding.

What's beginning to worry this old man, what happens when one of the grands shows up???

You move.

LOL.

:D

("Boomerang child" is the best description of our two girls - EVER. I'm so keeping that!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back