Falsely accused of stealing as an employee

jeffmensch

My son who works in a restaurant was falsely accused of stealing as an employee at a restaurant after 6 weeks of work.
there are cameras which would monitor any issues.
he was processing a check that was over 20% so he had to get a manager's approval.
he went to 3 managers and finally they processed the large tip of $500.
2 days later, the restaurant accused him of stealing.
what can he do as suing a company after being there only 6 weeks is probably pointless?
Thanks

My son who works in a restaurant was falsely accused of stealing as an employee at a restaurant after 6 weeks of work.
there are cameras which would monitor any issues.
he was processing a check that was over 20% so he had to get a manager's approval.
he went to 3 managers and finally they processed the large tip of $500.
2 days later, the restaurant accused him of stealing.
what can he do as suing a company after being there only 6 weeks is probably pointless?
Thanks

What he should do is get his personal affairs in order. Why?
In case the state decides to prosecute him after the person learns they gave him a $500 tip.

There isn't anything he can do. The employer isn't a court of law & doesn't have to prove that your son was stealing. He has no type of case against the employer.

Ok so are they asking him to repay this? What are their grounds for the theft accusation? Your post lacks substance and detail for answers although if you Google "at will" you will likely get your answer. I am a retail theft consultant and have conducted many many internal investigations and interviews and you have not really gave us much to work with

Back