False allegations to DCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink762

Moving on to some larger waves my fiancee's ex is making....

An accusation has been made to DCS that we neglect the little one, use drugs around him, and sexually molest him. The DCS folks said they are acting on an "anonymous" tip, but we're quite sure where it came from. I'm also assuming it is not in fact "anonymous" but that they tell everyone that so that accusers are not retaliated against. Regardless, these are clearly unsubstantiated.

I feel DCS also sees it this way (unsubstantiated) as they have been slow to contact us, set up meetings, etc. It has been almost a month now, & our first real meeting with them is next week. Surely if they felt a child was in such a bad situation, they would act very quickly? (But I have no idea how they work). Anyway, these accusations name both of us individually and are wholly fabricated. We are great parents, provide very well for him, have/use nothing stronger than tylenol, & don't abuse him in any way - especially sexually!

What can be done after this gets cleared up thru DCS? If it was truly an "anonymous" complaint, I guess there is no recourse. If it is as we suspect her ex & he made the false complaint, what would be the right recourse? Is this a matter of slander? defamation? what would be the right thing to call it & how would we pursue it thru legal recourse?

Follow up: The DCS person came out 2 weeks ago. He interviewed all of us & was here for about 1 1/2 hours. He wanted us to go meet in his office, but we asked that the meeting occur here in our home so he can see how we live. End result - he was sure the entire allegation was false. Said the little one seems very happy, shows no signs of any type of maltreatment, & our care for him is fantastic.

If any further allegations are made, he said the complaint would go straight to him since he's the case worker so we don't need to worry about that. This allegation really was anonymous - he showed me all his paperwork when we were finished & that's what it said at least. He advised there was no recourse we could take, but if false allegations are continually made, they can investigate & pursue.

Me too!

My ex-husband's new wife (who moved to the states from Canada within one month of "meeting" him online) called DCFS on me. I discovered this when my oldest daughter called me at work to tell me that a social worker had just left her school (she drug both of my daughters out of school to question them, I had no idea this was going on). Even my ex-husband came to my defense on this. (We were told that it was an "anonymous" report <wink wink>). The new wife finally admitted to my ex-husband that she filed the report because she was "mad" at me (because I exist, presumably, as I have never spoken to the woman on the phone, or in person).
The DFCS file was investigated and closed within a month.

My daughters are no longer allowed to visit their dad (she told my eldest that she hated her, because the step mother was saddled with my youngest (8) while my eldest went to school). The step-monster went into my eldest daughter's room at her dad's house and cut all of her friends out of her pictures, hid all of her books in a laundry hamper and put all of her stuffed animals in her closet. She's using my youngest daughter's room for furniture storage.
She called my daughters' pediatrician's office (to straighten out an insurance matter) and as an aside mentioned that I had had DFCS called on me before (neglecting to mention the details) and that it'd be prudent to keep an eye out for signs of abuse.
My exhusband and I have been divorced for almost 7 years and while the first couple of years were a little rocky, I never dreamed we'd end up like this. (This is his second marriage since our divorce).

What can I do to make her leave us alone? We live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and this is getting out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back