Facebook Stalking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomegranate

A person that seem to have created a fictitious account is persistently sending me messages on Facebook. They are not threatening but the person keeps referring to my boyfriend cheating on me with that person and says things about me that are true, but only someone who knows me would know. They are using profanities and after I told them "not to f">k with me", they still contacts me.

Other than blocking the person and reporting them to facebook, is there a way I can find out who it is? I don't have their email, but can I get the info via Facebook? If I report this behavior to the police, will they do anything about it?

Is this considered harassment?

You can report the behavior to Facebook management.

The police won't care, but you're free to tell them. There isn't anything they can or will do in a case such as this.

If it were me, I'd ignore the idiot.

I'd probably have a chat with my boyfriend about his fidelity.

Other than that, I'd stay the heck off Facebook.

Thanks guys.

So what is the point of all these sites telling you to report it to the police if they don't do anything about it?
Is is a matter of priority?

So what is the point of all these sites telling you to report it to the police if they don't do anything about it? Is is a matter of priority?
They are talking about two different things. One is prosecution of an individual which is beyond the measures of the company. The best Facebook can do is delete or restrict the members account due to violations of terms of use.

The police have better things to do than go after something as petty as this. Think of all the crimes going on. Why would the cops put your issue ahead of domestic violence, murders, robberies, assualt. Grow up and block the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back