Extraordinary expenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xactoes

My X is requesting I pay 1/2 of the legal expense to defend my daughter on a minor in possession of alchohol. I pay her child support for having full custody. She decided without consulting with me that she would hire a lawyer. I am not sure my daughter needs a lawyer. I would like to her opinions on whether the verbiage in the decree regarding sharing "extraordinary expenses" includes 1/2 of the lawyer's expense.
Thanks,
Xactoes

Yes I'm pretty sure that would be covered. I don't so much think she needs a lawyer either. One has to wonder what sort of supervision is lacking that your daughter was at a party where alcohol was being served. I doubt your ex wants to take this too far.

My X is requesting I pay 1/2 of the legal expense to defend my daughter on a minor in possession of alchohol. I pay her child support for having full custody. She decided without consulting with me that she would hire a lawyer. I am not sure my daughter needs a lawyer. I would like to her opinions on whether the verbiage in the decree regarding sharing "extraordinary expenses" includes 1/2 of the lawyer's expense.
Thanks,
Xactoes

Please post, verbatim, what your decree states regarding extraordinary expenses.

I would not pay anything, but it depends on the wording of this. If she qualified for a public defender, then you should not have to pay anything. I assume the child is under 18?

I wouldn't pay either, for one if she did consume any alcohol, her ship has already sailed, the best attorney in the country can't do much.
If she didn't consume and no breathalyzer or blood test was taken, good luck proving it. I know of a couple case's here that a teen was charged guilty by associations or just being there, even if they was to be the designated driver, unfair but true, in the end it's up to the judge to decide, and it's probably a waist of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back