Ex’s attorney - Crossing a line???

LarKLa0818

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
My ex husband and I are in a custody modification battle, long, on going. We recently agreed to have a meeting with his attorney and and mine to try to come to an agreement without going to trial.
During this meeting my ex brought up that my 7 yr old was not doing well academically, bc she's "not as smart as her brother". I told them she'd made straight A's and honor roll all year, except for ONE "C" bc her father does not help her with her spelling words. No teacher has EVER shown any concerns over her grades.
His attorney then said "You need to take her to a psychiatrist. She may have autism." wait, what?!
I said "You've never even seen or met my daughter! She's not autistic. No teacher, pediatrician, friend or family member has EVER even thought that". She said that she has two autistic sons and didn't realize until one was 15, but they had struggled in school. I again explained she's never struggled in school, she's affectionate, she listens and has never had speech delays, has lots of friends, hobbies. Literally had never ever exhibited a single symptom.
She again pressed over and over that I needed to have my child (who, again, she's never even seen a picture of) examined by a psychiatrist or psychologist.
She kept talking about her own husband's ex wife being a meth head, and how her parents caused her to have emotional issues which have led to her being in therapy.

The whole meeting was a waste of time and seemed so inappropriate and unprofessional on her part. I've never dealt with an attorney like that before.
Is there anything I can do?! Is she allowed to just talk to me anyway she'd like?

Is there anything I can do?!

Yes, ignore her in the future.
Ask your attorney to respond for you.
It is never a smart idea to answer every question posed to you.
Why?
Most questions posed to you are in an attempt to goad you, be smarter than the slickster questioning you, IGNORE him/her.
I learned decades ago to ignore slights and perceived insults.

Is she allowed to just talk to me anyway she'd like?

Idiots can't be controlled, but you can control yourself.

Don't allow an idiot, or uncouth person to bait you into behaving inappropriately.

If anyone suggests something to you in the future, simply thank her, or say nothing and smile.

I agree. What you do is ignore it.
There is no other action to take.
You are not obligated to even engage in the conversation. Everything is voluntary and non binding.

He just said she's a drama queen.

No, she's not. She's a tactician. She does that by design, to get you angry and upset so you make bad decisions.

My attorney has been really passive, he seems to diminish or down play everything.

Maybe you should be too. Let her remarks slide off you and stick to the issues.

So talking to him about it is pointless, but I've already given him thousands upon thousands.

It's a given that when divorced people have lawyers the only ones that are happy are the lawyers as they cheerfully move your money from your pockets to theirs.

What is it that you and your ex are fighting over. What does he want? What do you want?

What is it that you and your ex are fighting over. What does he want? What do you want?

I'm asking for domicile and shared custody, with him having every other weekend. Right now we're co-domicile & 50/50. He wants to stay 50/50 with a 7 on 7 off schedule and remain co-domiciliary.
My kids hate going with him. He's an ex state trooper (arrested and fired for abuse of office). He's very mentally abusive and on a power trip. An ex girlfriend of his actually video'd and audio recorded several instances between him and the kids and sent them to me out of concern.
One recording over 25 minutes of him telling the kids i'm a horrible person. He's just disgusting.

I'm asking for domicile and shared custody, with him having every other weekend. Right now we're co-domicile & 50/50. He wants to stay 50/50 with a 7 on 7 off schedule and remain co-domiciliary.

The way to win is to let the devil show his evilness.

You give the devil what he wants, in fact give him more, as in 80%.

Once children reach school age, the child should live with one parent during the school year.
The other parent gets the child over the summer.
Once the devil sees how much work getting kids off to school alone, helping them with homework, preparing their meals, doing their laundry, taking them to medical appointments, the devil will come begging to cut a deal with you.

You also look like a better parent by making sure EVERY decision is what is BEST for the kid, even if it hurts you!

Make a deal with Ole Satan, advise your lawyer to offer to let Satan keep the kids from Aug/Sep (beginning of school year to end of school year).

You'll get them for most of the summer break.

You might ask for one weekend each month during the school year, if it doesn't impact their academic and extracurricular pursuits, because EDUCATION is very important to young minds.

Let Satan make all medical decisions, another worry off of your mind, but its all about the kids for you!

Then sit back and watch Satan do a boogey down offering your the world.

You say, sorry, it would be hurting the kids to disrupt their precious education.

Back