expulsion from high school

Status
Not open for further replies.

neal65

my son is being expelled from high school due to charges of indecency @ school premises just a few weeks before graduation. The public high school is not letting him to graduate. what legal rights we have to stop school from doing that. Please give us helpful advise.

Something's not right...
How old is the girlfriend?
Only "kissing/cuddling"? Clothed? On school property?

I am confused - what happened to the suspension? It usually comes before the expelling... 1)Have you spoken to the superintendent? 2)Do you have a copy of the expulsion report? Before you decide to take legal action (if no backing down from their part) check with the school board on what can be done to try to remedy this situation prior to his graduation. Good Luck!

I am confused - what happened to the suspension? It usually comes before the expelling... 1)Have you spoken to the superintendent? 2)Do you have a copy of the expulsion report? Before you decide to take legal action (if no backing down from their part) check with the school board on what can be done to try to remedy this situation prior to his graduation. Good Luck!

Suspension isn't necessary before an expulsion. It depends on the offense. Also, the expulsion is the result of a school board action. There was a hearing already. The only thing left to do is appeal.

Each state might have slightly different procedures for this. But, if he is being expelled, I suspect there was something more than just "kissing/cuddling" going on.

Is he an adult and is she a minor? Were they clothed? Did the "cuddling" include fondling or groping?

I'd say there is more than just a boy and a girl holding hands in a car. You don't get expelled for that even from a Catholic school!

- Carl

both are 18+. the girl is not student at his school. They were found in car @ school parking with them partially undressed. They suspended him and next day they had hearing and expelled permanently.

both are 18+. the girl is not student at his school. They were found in car @ school parking with them partially undressed. They suspended him and next day they had hearing and expelled permanently.

In my state, it is not uncommon to expel one who is 18 or older for certain offenses as they can usually obtain a GED or attend adult ed programs to complete their education. I suspect this was not the youth's first offense.

School is not the place for sexual encounters. They could have probably called the police as well, so he should at least be thankful he is not facing a potential criminal rap, too.

There is likely an appeals process he can access, so he needs to exhaust all of those remedies before he has any real legal recourse. Then, of course, he has to come up with the funds for an attorney to look at the case and MAYBE do something. Chances are, however, the school year will be over before anything would get to court.

It might be best to consider adult ed or a GED at this point.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back