Expense reimbursement claims time period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schaeffa

My company is telling me their policy for all expenses I incur for the company, on my personal credit card, have to be submitted to the company within a 60 day time period otherwise I forfeit my right to claim the expenses even if I have proof in the form of receipts. I travel for the company and have a year of expenses that equal to a few thousand dollars. Do I have any legal right to recoup payment for the expenses I have incurred. The company does ask that we fill out expense reports monthly but for the last six months I have been very busy with a project and had neglected to do so. The first six months I had the expenses approved by my manager but no payment was ever issued.

Sure, you can sue anyone you want.
But, you're SOL on those expenses.
You failed to follow policy.
Besides, expenses are subject to review and approval. If you aren't careful, you could be subject to sanctions for failing to follow corporate policy.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

There are only two states where the law requires that you be reimbursed for any expenses at all, and Maryland is neither of them. In 48 states including yours (and for everything but mileage in one of the two remaining), you submit your expenses as required by the employer if you want them reimbursed; they have no legal obligation to repay you if you do not submit your expenses in the timeframe and in the format they require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back