Exhusband stole my share of community property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenna

After divorce, my exhusband recieved checks from the sale of our marital home. In Texas this is community property. I did not know this at the time (very young and uninformed of all my rights, not to mention much older ex husband knew this!) I should have recieved half of the monetary total on each check. Everytime he needed me to go to the bank to cash checks, he acted like he was doing me a favor for my time in giving me $100 dollars each trip. I see this as theft, HE KNEW what was legally mine (master manipulater and conartist). Do I have any grounds for any action?

Was the home his prior to marrying you?

If you divorced and nothing was specified in the decree that he is to buy you out he might not have done anything wrong.

If your name was not on the deed then he probably could have sold it without your knowledge.

It is probably to o late to do anything, this should have been brought up before the divorce was final.

whyen you divorced, the house was not mentioned at all? The house should have been awarded to him or you, or to buy you out, etc.. What does the decree say?

If your name was on the deed then you would have to sign off on it in order for him to sell, unless the decree states he was given the house solely. Even then, most of the time it is required you sign off on the sale.

If you believe some fraud was committed, you can see an attorney but depending on how long ago this was, the statute of limitations may have already expired.

I didn't want the house (bad memories) so I let him have it. He never did buy me out. I recieved nothing from this divorce. X is probablyl the only man who has a great divorce story. I didn't have a chane with this professional con artist! I guess it is too late to do anything about it, or is it?

Probably too late. He does not legally "owe" you anything it sounds like since the house was not mentioned in the divorce. Far too much time has passed for you to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back