Exempt to nonexempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggy17620

I live in NY and am a manager at a movie theatre. I was classified as salary exempt, and non they have put me down to fulltime hourly. My general manager said that I dont fall under the classifications, which after reading them I feel I do. But he said the company was trying to save themselves from future lawsuits were people were looking to get over time or something. It just seems weird like i am getting discriminated against or there trying to cut hours, cause they will not have me do overtime ever, and if i am non exempt now then can I go for past wages. The company pretty mmuch has been shitting on myself and others and I was curious if there may be any action to go after the company. I was also due for a review in march or april this year and they actually moved it to end of december 2006 to january because min salary went up so instead of giving me a mandatory raise and then have to do a review and a merit increase they did it all in one, which seems really crappy. any ideas would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back